28 February 2010

How To Do Things With Words And Other Materials

On Thursday, I participated in at art exhibit here in New York, "How To Do Things With Words And Other Materials," in conjunction with a conference on Eve Sedgwick titled Spanking and Poetry.

My art book was influenced largely by Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, as well as some other texts, language study and New York City. Here is an image of the installed piece (click pictures to enlarge):


You can see my entire book at Mirawunder.com.

I was not the only piece inspired by Alice, though! Annie Cranstoun showed "Climb Me," An Alice in Wonderland Jacob's Ladder. Here are images of her piece:







 

 











I really liked her use of an actual mirror!

Also of interest was this altered The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe book:




No comments:

Post a Comment